Friday, August 28, 2009

Today, I smiled at them.

Salaamun 'ala man ittaba' al-Huda.

Today, I smiled at them.

They are the ones who made me as I am today.

From them, I learn which step I should take next.

I am taught which path I should follow.

They may be not perfect,
but they have perfected me.

They are not the most important people to me,
but they recieve guidance from those who are.

They may have wronged,
but they teach me not to do the same mistake.

"They" are not a few,
but 16 people altogether.

And I, am the 17th of "them", today.

2009
2008
2007
2006
2005

Hey there, yes, all of you.

I just wanna tell you something:

Thank you for staying true to your name,
Thank you for believing in ALLAH,
Thank you for choosing this path,

And I must thank ALLAH
who makes you and I
the way we are!
Alhamdulillah!

And you #16,
Even though I've just left you about seven hours ago,
I will miss you.
You are the changing point,
that make this #17, better.
Thank you, my past.

To Ummi and Abah...
who patiently live along
with the 17 of us,

full of mahabbah,
full of mawaddah,

I express my gatitude here
for giving "us" a very beautiful name
that starts with the most beautiful name
of the most beautiful person on Earth.

Honourable, Noble, Knowledgeable;
For what more could I ask?

The Honourable One
who is Noble
because of his Knowledge.

Yes Ummi and Abah,
I will live by this name,
insyaALLAH...

until the last "me",
who is HONOURABLE because of ISLAM,
is spilled his NOBLE blood,
just because he says to the world,
"I have been given KNOWLEDGE and understanding-
that there is no God except ALLAH,
and Muhammad is HIS Messenger."

Amin!

7 comments:

  1. look at the pictures, every year different glasses.. haha HAPPY BIRTHDAY AKHI!!! XD :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. anta jeles ke si kecik oiii..al akh every year new glasses? huhu

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you all of you 16...for giving us this lovely young man for us to love....and learn from...Thank you Allah..and we pray for many many many years of more full of love and heartfelt memories

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D

    Hoho.. Sweet seventeen, they say huh?
    Well, happy birthday my fellow friend.

    May Allab bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. the 2009 face is the real face, the face of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Muslimultimedia,
    nanda? face of faith?

    ReplyDelete