Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The New Life of Ahmad Ashraf Ilman

Salaamun ‘ala man ittaba’ al-Huda.

I've not been blogging since, ah yes, we moved to our new house!

Our new house is not really far from our old one— about one or two kilometres. And, of course, one or two kilos further from Ibn Khaldun, which means 10 minutes further plus the traffic jam in front of SK Sri Andalas. Nyoro~n.

After eleven years, finally I got my own room! Ha, no need to share it with Zack anymore! The new room has the “SPM feel” to it, compared to the “six-year-old-toddler feel” my previous room has. No wonder I can’t study well before (innaha kalimatun ana qa'iluha)! BTW, I’ve got work, that is, I need to finish the prototype of At-Taqwa magazine tonight, insyaAllah. Enjoy the pics!

The Desk of Ahmad Ashraf Ilman.
Ever wondered how it looks like? Now you have a chance. Ignore those stickers and blame my primary-schooler self!

For comparison, here’s my desk at school :)

The Blades of Ahmad Ashraf Ilman.
I’m very fond of blades and daggers that I became ecstatic when I found out that the first prize of the English Month Speech Competition is a kris replica! Thanks, ELS!

The Mind Map Board of Ahmad Ashraf Ilman.
Beside my bed, I put up a board to stick my mind maps. The spirit of quantum learning! What is the use of all those meetings and quarrels for quantum learning of it is not practised?

The Walkman of Ahmad Ashraf Ilman.
8GB with 45 hours battery-life. Now I can stock up my whole Music folder without wasting time selecting songs! (My Music folder is 7GB plus) Al-Quran Kamil FTW!

And finally…

The New Room of Ahmad Ashraf Ilman!
So, does it look “SPM” enough?

In my usrah today, the Principal told us that most, if not all, Prophets of Allah undergo Hijra, that is moving from one place to another. Moving is important in sculpting the identity of a person. I think that our new house really clears my mind! My old room was full with my toys ever since I was born! What a paradigm shift …

That’s all. Do pray that Allah ease us in completing the school magazine. Wassalam~

2 comments: