Friday, October 16, 2009

SPM Trial Results

Salaamun 'ala man ittaba' al-Huda.

Alhamdulillah, we meet again. I got a lot to write as a lot of things have happened. However, I guess I'll make 'em short and post 'em in one go. From the trial results to At-Taqwa, this post tells my life for these past weeks.

Trial Results—Nyoro~n!

Well, my results ain't bad, but still not good enough to make me confident to sit for SPM and get straight A+'s and get admitted into Al-Azhar University. (SPM grading system has been changed from 1A, 2A, 3B … to A+, A, A-, B+ … effective this year's SPM—guess why.) I took 14 subjects and got 11 1As and 3 2As. Alhamdulillah, I got straight A's but some are borderline. The worst is Additional Mathematics, for which I got 70%—one percent less and it'd be a 3B. Both PQS and Sejarah are 80% which is on the borderline of the 1A grade. Allah has warned me with this trial. I really need to stuff up for the real deal. Pray for me, ne?

SPM Timetable

I gotta love this one. SPM 2009 officially starts on 18 November and ends on 16 December. The spacing between the subjects is also perfect, for me, at least. The first paper is Bahasa Melayu and the last is PSI. Alhamdulillah, for this convenient schedule! One thing I'm curious though. It's written in the timetable that we're not allowed to bring communication devices into the exam hall. What about DSLR? SPM is a once in a lifetime event, man!

Post-SPM Activities

We don't have any real plans yet, but we vaguely planned to go for an outing on the 17th of December, the day after the last day of SPM, also Rafi's birthday. It's not actually a tension-releasing outing, but more of a bond-strengthening one. Ukhuwwah. Some of the boys wanted to go for a trip to Bukit Merah, Perak on the 23rd till 25th. I'm not sure about this one, after what we experienced in Melaka. About 10 days after SPM, insyaAllah, we'll be going to Kelantan for the annual seniors' school camp. It'll take about… one month, probably. MATRI and SMASKL students will be joining. Except for the Kelantan camp, take what I write here with a grain of salt—SPM has not even started yet.

2 Fathanah

Ustaz Daniel said to us that the sinnul bulugh or the age of puberty has lowered. Mischief, which was always the pride of Form Three students, this year is snatched by Form Two. Mudir has requested Muhsin and Ammar Haron to take care of 'em. They shuffle and they couple. They break the law and they parkour. I'm afraid… afraid that I might have not done my job well that they have become like this. They are insolent, and rebelious. Rebeliousness is normal in teenagers, but my friends and I were not like that, even when we were in Form Three. They say bad things at SMIK's blog. What can I do now?

Class with Ustaz Darus

A group of my friends and I have requested Ustaz Darus to teach us Arabic after Zuhr on Wednesdays. It's actually not because we are not good in Arabic (actually, yes) but because we missed his class, his wisdom, his sempoi jokes, in which invaluable diamonds reside. Syaikhuna does not teach Form Five. So, we kindly asked him for this and he gladly agreed! Uhibbuka, ya Ustaz! The first class was on 7 October. Then, we translated together the first paragraph of the book on Solahuddin Al-Ayubi by Abdullah Nasih Ulwan. His side lectures, his commentaries on Arabic language and culture—all of them are top notch. Who does not expect that from Ustaz Darus?

At-Taqwa 2009

Mattaku, SPM is just around the corner and I'm still stuck with At-Taqwa. Fear not; tomorrow, insyaAllah, we will be finishing the magazine in one sitting. Tomorrow is the day of the closing ceremony for cocurricular activities (Majlis Penutupan Kokurikulum) so there'll be a feast. However, for the members of At-Taqwa Editorial Board, it'll be a li'l different. We're going to eat in the Markaz of At-Taqwa… while getting the job done! This is jihad… the pen is mightier than the sword!

I guess I wrote too much. Babbling a lot is not good for the heart of a Believer, or so said Imam Al-Ghazali. So, let's recharge our iman and Islam by improving our connection with our Lord, ALLAH, the Creator of All Worlds!

Wassalam~

5 comments:

  1. sabarlah dalam merempuh setiap mehnah dan tribulasi dalam dakwah...

    sungguh hebat orang yang berdakwah kerana dia telah menjual dirinya kepada Penciptanya. Dia melakukan segalanya hanyalah untuk manfaat orang lain...

    ReplyDelete
  2. As for your adiks2...remember yours is only to guide and show the path, the results?....let go and let God..as for spm trial results...not complaining but being ASHRAF ILMAN...I KNOW you can do better (wink). As for activities after SPM....don't rub it in on this poor heart okay....you have my permission, and I have only 2 children huhu..hugs n kisses n my blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahaha.
    same like me.
    aku pon bz gak dgn magazine skul.
    cuak doe..

    doakan our spm, k??
    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. @zida:
    heh, majalah sekolah aku tak siap-siap lagi.
    Entah bila nak siap pun aku tak tahu.

    Moga Allah bantu.

    ReplyDelete